Co-op/Internship Work Permit

Those who wish to study in Canada, and simultaneously be part of an internship or co-op program need to apply for both a study permit and a work permit. In order to be eligible for the co-op or internship work permit program, foreign students must meet certain requirements:

  • Have a valid study permit, or submit an application for a work permit together with the study
    permit application.
  • The intended employment should be an integral and essential part of the academic program that
    the student will be pursuing in Canada.
  • This employment should be certified as a part of the program of study, through a letter issued by
    a responsible academic official of the Canadian educational institution.
  • Such employment (internship or co-op) should not constitute above 50% of the entire program
    of study.